[ipv6calc] ipv6calc and ipv6loganon pipe support added/fixed for next release (0.90.0 is on the way)

Peter Bieringer pb at bieringer.de
Sun May 15 13:56:27 CEST 2011

Hi,

I've commited to CVS latest changes with following major update:

- ipv6calc is now able to read input from stdin (got feature request)

Example:
$ cat /proc/net/if_inet6 | awk '{ print $1 " " $3 }' | ./ipv6calc
--ifinet6_to_compressed
fe80::38cd:70ff:fe**:****/64
::1/128

- ipv6loganon is fixed to support pipe also proper, so for on-the-fly
anonymization in Apache following can be used:

CustomLog "|/usr/local/bin/ipv6loganon -a -f /var/log/httpd/access_log"
combined

or in conjunction with cronolog:

CustomLog "|/usr/bin/ipv6loganon -f |/usr/sbin/cronolog
/var/log/httpd/access.log-%Y%m%d" combined

Some other features are added like GeoIP IPv6 support and default
location for IP2Location database files.

Please test current CVS version and report problems, if any.

I would probably release final version in a week or so.

Regards,
	Peter